Big Bear CERT Meeting
April 23, 2018 – Big Bear Senior Center
Meeting called to order at 6:15 pm. Pledge of Allegiance.
John Ferdon OES Representative and Nick Bruinsma will not be in attendance tonight.
- Volunteer Appreciation day this Saturday, April 28 in Apple Valley at the Chamber of Commerce.
- County-wide CERT Training day May 12 in Yucaipa. Register online by May 1 on Event Bright website.
- Taco Fundraiser at Sonora Cantina on May 7 from 11 am to 8 pm. Includes $1 tacos and a fundraising drawing. Drawing will be held at 7 pm. Thank you to Himalayan, Starbucks, Grizzly Manor, Maggios, Haus & Home, The Wood Place, Captain John’s Marina, Dave’s Automotive, Hunter’s Nursery, Alpine Country Inn, Butcher Block, Kirby’s Carvings, Belladonna’s, Dr. Bedrosian, Home Warehouse, Artesians, Etc., Bowling Barn, Perfect Ten Nails and Acosta Inc. Thank you Marie for your efforts in attaining the drawing items. Marie has requested assistance that day at Sonora.
- Southwest Gas CD/Power Point presentation available. Includes information on how to handle gas in the event of an emergency in the Big Bear area.
- Thank you to George Hartwig who has recruited 35 people for the new CERT class. Class will be held week of May 21 – 26 from 6 to 10 pm.
- Supervisor Janice Rutherford did a highlight of SB County CERT video on FB page.
- Seismic simulator event at Loma Linda this Wednesday. Volunteers are needed.
- San Bernardino County Fire firefighter rehabilitation class this Saturday, April 28.
- Pizza night/fundraiser at Maggios’s on September 11.
- Big Bear Lake Fire Department is offering a CPR class on May 12. First Aid class is June 2.
- We have an opening for a Vice President. We will send out an announcement with details of duties and responsibilities. Elections will be next month.
Introduction of new members: Bob Dow
Training with Dave Jones – deployment of divisions, chain of command.
Next meeting: Monday, May 21st at the Senior Center. We will discuss preparedness and CERT bag contents. Please bring your CERT backpacks.
Meeting adjourned at 7:40 pm.