BBV CERT General Meeting
On-line Via Zoom
February 28, 2022
Present: Susan Elliott, Dede Hermon, Nancy Karlson, Phil and Peggy Defibaugh, Ed Williams, Christina Amelsburg, Barbara and Michael Marty, David and Cecilia Rohrandz, Norma and Bob Grimes
Call to Order: Susan called the meeting to order at 6:09 pm.
Treasurer Report: Dede reported that the February month-end balance totaled $2, 827.56 with activity since the prior report consisting of accountant-tax filing fees, a small reimbursement from Big Bear Sports and some small interest credits.
General Topics of Discussion:
- In-person meetings: A question was raised as to when in-person meetings might resume. Susan responded that these meetings could possibly resume in Spring although the timing remains uncertain.
- Upcoming events: Susan noted that participation in Tour de Big Bear has been confirmed and will take place August 6, 2022.
- Asset Committee: Susan reported that Tom and Bob now have permission to go ahead with the inventory process.
- 2022 Officer Elections: Nancy noted that discussion and nomination considerations will begin in March for the President and Treasurer positions.
- Renewal of CERT licenses (temporary stickers): No new information to report.
Specific Topic/Training: Cybersecurity Primer/ Information Security Awareness
Susan walked through a detailed PowerPoint presentation which included a number of topics including, but not limited to, the following:
General Presentation Topics:
Importance of Cybersecurity
Identifying Security Compromises
Best Practices to Avoid Threats
This presentation was well received by the group. Susan welcomed any comments for desired areas interest and/or topics for future training.
Meeting adjournment: The meeting was adjourned at 6:42 p.m.
Next meeting: March 28, 2022, at 6:00 pm, on-line.