Big Bear CERT General Membership Meeting
October 22, 2018 – Big Bear Senior Center
Meeting called to order at 6:10 pm.
- CPR: Laura Nowak / 911 Tom Hermon
Treasurer’s Report – Dede Hermon
- BBVCERT board approved the payment of $20 to join the Communication Organization Active in Disaster (COAD) group. We will assist in the “Home, City and County” incident locations.
- Dede will take shirt orders this evening. An email with the order form will go out to members as well.
- Maggio’s fundraisers proceeds were $327. Thank you to Marie for arranging the fundraiser and to Maggio’s for hosting.
Fundraising and BBVCERT Activities Discussion
- We will not have a Halloween booth in the Village this year. The county requires us to secure approval for such events 30 days in advance. The board also feels that this may not be the best opportunity to discuss the merits of CERT with local residents given the nature of the event.
- Car wash is interested in hosting a fundraiser for BBVCERT.
- Memorial Day yard sale
- Website and FB page could have a PayPal donate button
- Amazon Smile/Charity link
- Ask the City and Fire Department to provide a link to our website from theirs.
- Antique car club events
- Chili cook off
- Health fair
- Turkey trot – display at Hermon’s home.
- Other local athletic events, ie Tour de Big Bear, Open Air Big Bear events, etc. to gain community exposure.
2019 Training Topics Discussion
Water reserves and storage; trash can of supplies; triage/other topics from original CERT class; division leader team meetings; CPR and first aid; Stop the Bleed course; Field Operations Guide (FOG); skills day; individual resources discussion; communications/HAM
Select a month to focus on recruitment. Have a 20-hour CERT course already scheduled.
Target November 2018 for preliminary training schedule and agenda.
BBVCERT Christmas dinner will be held in December. Date tba. Location most likely will be little white church next to Sheriff’s station.
Next meeting will be held Monday, November 26th, 6 pm at Big Bear Senior Center
Meeting adjourned at 8 pm.