Big Bear CERT General Membership Meeting
September 24, 2018 – Big Bear Senior Center
Meeting called to order at 6:06 pm.
- CPR: Tom Hermon / 911 Chris
- Introductions of newcomers
- Please let us know if you need assistance with completing coursework.
- Treasurer’s Report
- Current account balance $4363.45.
- We had to open a new checking account because the EIN number on the old account was not valid/correct.
- September fundraiser: waiting on a report from Marie regarding success of fundraiser at Maggio’s pizza.
- Merchandise interest: Dede will be taking orders for apparel next month for those who are interested.
- Radio Communication Training with Shane Stogorman, Captain Big Bear Section Emergency Communication Service, San Bernardino County Fire OES and Big Bear CERT. John Ferdon is new OES officer and taken over BBV CERT.
- October 20 EOC Radio Awareness Training. Info is available on EventBright.com or through CERT. Usually held once a quarter.
- Learn your radio! Go to local events for exposure to radio communication in action.
- Mountain Top Amateur Radio Association Overview – Dede Hermon
- Meets first Tuesday of every month – 7 pm at Presbyterian Church in Lake Arrowhead.
- Membership email list update: Laura input the CERT member names into Mail Chimp for ease of communication with members. Please let Laura know if you are not receiving communications.
- Next meeting will be held Monday, October 22nd 6 pm at Big Bear Senior Center
Meeting adjourned at 7:45 pm.